|Hello everyone! How was your October? We're having a lot of fun seeing what you guys come up with for these challenges, so let's see what you guys come up with for November!|
In the month of November is National Native American Heritage month, so we here at dAKnitters would like to cherish the Native Americans among our group as well as around the world.
To honour the men & women of the Native American tribes, we would like to invite you all to join us and create something inspired by Native Americans. This includes things that can be knit, crocheted, or felted.
On a personal note, as someone of Native American descent, I am truly looking forward to what you guys come up with for this challenge.
This is simply a challenge, so there will be no judging, and no prizes for the entries.
BUT, there are still rules to follow.
- Entries can be of anything you would otherwise be able to submit to the group. The bottom line: have it be fiber art. That includes knitting, crochet, felting, and creations made using fibers.
- Limit 3 entries per person. We know you all create things 24/7, so we cannot accept 10+ entries from one person (even though we would love to see all of them!).
- NEW entries only! You guys create awesome things, so we would love to see you guys create something new just for this contest; it makes it so much more exciting to see what you guys come up with!
- You MUST have the group icon somewhere in your description. You can do this by typing : icondAKnitters : minus the spaces.
- Please also state in the description that it is for the November 2014 Challenge.
- Submit your entry to the folder, "November 2014 Challenge". The folder is open today, and will remain open until December 1st.
To speak this early, thank you to everyone who supports the Native American community and culture. It is very humbling to see others inspired by the culture.
|More Journal Entries|