|Hello everyone! How was your September? We're having a lot of fun seeing what you guys come up with for these challenges, so let's see what you guys come up with for a great cause!|
In the month of October, it is known as the month of Breast Cancer Awareness. So many families are effected by this, as both men and women can be diagnosed with breast cancer. The statistics are staggering in numbers. While it is estimated that 1 in 1000 men will develop breast cancer in their lifetime, it is estimated that 1 in 8 women will develop breast cancer in their lifetime.
We here at dAKnitters are all about having spreading fun and joy with our art and creations, but for this month, we also want to spread support for those who need the most fun and joy in their lives.
So raise your needles and hooks as we challenge all of you, to take up skeins of pink yarn and show your support for those who are going through this tough condition. Not just for those who have been diagnosed, but for the survivors and those who have been lost.
This is not limited to ribbons. Any creations of pink, and variations of the colour pink will be accepted. Hats, scarves, toys, you name it.
This is simply a challenge, so there will be no judging, and no prizes for the entries.
BUT, there are still rules to follow.
- Entries can be of anything you would otherwise be able to submit to the group. The bottom line: have it be fiber art. That includes knitting, crochet, felting, and creations made using fibers.
- Limit 3 entries per person. We know you all create things 24/7, so we cannot accept 10+ entries from one person (even though we would love to see all of them!).
- NEW entries only! You guys create awesome things, so we would love to see you guys create something new just for this contest; it makes it so much more exciting to see what you guys come up with!
- You MUST have the group icon somewhere in your description. You can do this by typing : icondAKnitters : minus the spaces.
- Please also state in the description that it is for the October 2014 Challenge.
- Submit your entry to the folder, "October 2014 Challenge". The folder is open today, and will remain open until November 1st.
As artists, our work can speak volumes more than words. Let your work shine as we challenge you all to let your support be shown this month with works of pink flowing through the group.
|More Journal Entries|